Thursday, April 30, 2015

Hello!

I have pretty much stopped updating Seated Ovation! And that is a shame.

So if you're visiting this from Twitter or somewhere else on the Internet,

1) my name is Will Robin;

2) As of fall 2016, I am an assistant professor of musicology at the University of Maryland (read about that here!);

3) I live in Washington, D.C.;

4) My academic research is on contemporary classical music in the United States since the 1980s, although I work on other things too. You can read my dissertation, about indie classical, here. You can read an article about turn of the nineteenth-century hymnody reform here;

5) I tweet way too frequently as @seatedovation;

6) I write somewhat frequently for the New York Times, The New Yorker (online), and Bandcamp, on all kinds of topics, but mostly contemporary classical music;

7) I am a classical saxophonist though I don't play all that much these days;

8) You can read a bio and almost up-to-date list of publications over at my UNC page;

9) You can reach me at william l robin @gmail.com (that's an L, not a 1);

10) Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I want to share a testimony on how Le_Meridian funding service helped me with loan of 2,000,000.00 USD to finance my marijuana farm project , I'm very grateful and i promised to share this legit funding company to anyone looking for way to expand his or her business project.the company is UK/USA funding company. Anyone seeking for finance support should contact them on lfdsloans@outlook.com Or lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Mr Benjamin is also on whatsapp 1-989-394-3740 to make things easy for any applicant. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. This blog in very informative for us

    ReplyDelete